Samsung kies air app is really great App. It comes with many features for sharing or managing files without USB , And there is no need to install software on your computer. Your computer and mobile device should be connected through same Wi-Fi network. If you don’t have Wi-fi connection then you can use your Android Mobile phone as Wi-fi Hotspot then connect another device or computer to your Android HotSpot, Transferring files from Samsung Kies Air is faster then Bluetooth and have almost good speed as on USB.
With Kies Air you can manage your device conveniently without connecting any wires via your pc. Once your Samsung device and your PC or Other phone are connected to same wi-fi network, you can manage contents of your phone.
- View and sync contacts with Outlook, Google or Yahoo
- Transfer any file between PC and the device
- Browse through your music, videos and pictures
- Manage ringtones and bookmarks
- Read your messages
- View your call log
- Create playlists and much more
Manage or share Content using Samsung Kies Air on same wi-fi network
- If you don’t have Kies Air App on your Samsung Phone then install Samsung Kies Air App on your Mobile Phone from Google Play
- After installing Open Samsung Kies Air from applications and Click on Start, Now Kies Air is ready on your mobile device (If you didn’t connected to wi-fi then it will ask you for connect to wi-fi or connect Portable wi-fi hotspot, choose wi-fi hotspot if you didn’t have wi-fi network near you). Now you will see following screenshot on your mobile as seen below in image
- Open your desktop browser and enter address shown on your Kies Air App on screen (as my phone showing http://192.168.1.5:8080/). Now Kies Air App will ask you for allowing file sharing between device, allow it.
- Your files are open in your browser and your browser is asking for allowing java applet (allow if you want multiple files upload on your phone ) , For sending files to your phone select upload files and upload files which you want on your mobile device. For download file on your computer select file or folders and click on download. See interface below in image.
Note: If you don’t have java installed on your computer then you are limited to upload single file up to 100 MB. For multiple files support download java to your computer.
Sharing files Between Mobiles using Samsung Kies Air using inbuilt wi-fi hotspot
It works on any device as if you want sharing content between your Samsung phone and other phone then open another phones browser and type address all files are available on other device. Now same for getting file select and click download, file will be downloaded to your another device and for sending file to Samsung phone click on Upload and upload file from your Phone. After successful upload file is on your Samsung Phone.
If you have any Question you can ask below in Comments.
Last updated byat .